The Keele Key Fund
The Keele Key Fund provides opportunities, funded by alumni and other friends of the University, that support, maintain and enhance the Keele experience, both now and in the future.
£110,000 funding available for innovative projects across the University
Applications for the Keele Key Fund will open on Monday 17th September 2018
Thanks to the generosity of donations to the Keele Key Fund, in excess of £200,000 has supported over 35 innovative projects that have made an immediate impact on the staff and student experience at Keele. This year we invite academics, students and professional services to bid for up to a maximum of £10,000 for their innovative project.
Application deadline: Monday 8 October 2018, 12pm.
What is the Keele Key Fund?
The Keele Key Fund was established to bring together the goodwill and generosity of Keele alumni to financially benefit the university and its students. The Keele Key Fund invests annually in creative, innovative and extraordinary projects that will have an immediate impact on the campus and enhance the student experiences and have a positive impact on the student community. Projects have included Mental Health First Aid training, sports equipment, ACeD Bursaries and Live Age.
How does it work?
The Keele Key Fund disbursement is open to all academics, Professional Services staff and students to bid for a share of the fund to support innovative projects that have a positive impact on the campus, teaching and the student community. Disbursement is split into two streams, the first being Academics and Professional Services Staff and the second, Student-led Projects
Candidates wishing to apply must fill in the online application form and provide proof of the approval from the person in charge of your budget, and the Director of Estates if your project will impact the University's estate.
As a general guide most previous successful applications have been in the range of £500-£2,500. However, if you have an exceptional project, other amounts will be considered.
Applications to support a larger project will be considered provided that it is clear which aspects of the project the Keele Key Fund will contribute to and that the impact of not receiving funding is clearly explained.
Applications will be considered by a panel comprising the following representatives:
- Chair (member of University’s senior leadership, Council or College of Fellows)
- Academic representative
- Advancement Team representative
- Keele alumni representation (donor)
- SU representative
- KPA representative
- AU representative
The panel will meet in October 2018 and successful applicants will be notified by the end of October 2018.
- Monday 17 September 2018 - Applications open
- Welcome Week - The Advancement team will be at the Freshers Fair during Welcome Week
- Wednesday 26 September - Drop in advice session, KeeleSU, MARS room, 2-4pm - Speak to staff from the Advancement team about your application and get hints and tips on how to fill out your form
- Tuesday 2 October - Drop in advice session, Sports Centre, 2-4pm - Speak to staff from the Advancement team about your application and get hints and tips on how to fill out your form
- Thursday 4 October - Drop in advice session, The Gallery, Chancellors 12-2pm - Speak to staff from the Advancement team about your application and get hints and tips on how to fill out your form
- Monday 8 October, 12pm - Applications close
- Week Commencing 15 October - Applications go to panel
- Week Commencing 22 October - Successful applicants announced
For more information on the application process, please see the two documents below.
For information on how you can give to the Keele Key Fund, please click here