Current Students 2019/20
It’s that time again, to apply for your accommodation for the next academic year. We’ll be sending you updates and information, so please remember to check your emails regularly, (including your SPAM and junk mail), so you don’t miss the application deadline. If the deadline date is missed you may not get accommodation on campus.
Are you eligible to apply?
Priority for accommodation is given to the groups below, but an application must be made between 21st and 23rd January 2019:
- Full-time Postgraduate students
- Any student with a disability or health issue (supported by Disability Services)
- Students who are care leavers or estranged from their families
- Students going into second year studying medicine
- Students undertaking a 4 year course (including the Foundation Year and Pharmacy) and proceeding to second year of study
- Students whose family home is outside of the UK
- Students going into final year of study and your family home is within the UK
If you’re going into your final year you can apply for campus accommodation and we expect to be able to accommodate most applicants.
Current First Year Students
There may be a second round of applications after the above groups are allocated and offered which would mean that students going into their second year (current first years not in the any of the above groups) may apply. We don’t know if or how many campus bedrooms will be available at this stage and if the number of applications exceeds the number of rooms, these would be balloted.
Don’t worry we’ll email you to confirm this in early February, so that you’ll have plenty of time to sign up for off campus accommodation.
NB: Priority would be given to:
- First year students currently living off campus – make sure your current address is updated via the KLE, otherwise this could affect your application.
Before applying for a room on campus, please ensure you don’t have any outstanding accommodation debts and all your fees are paid and up-to-date. We can’t accept any applications who still show or have outstanding accommodation debts. If you have any concerns please speak to the Income Office about a payment plan.
If you have a disability or health issue with a guarantee of accommodation already agreed with the Disability Services Advisor, you don’t need to renew that guarantee, but you still must apply for accommodation by the deadline.
If you are a student with other disabilities or a health issue, and believe that you should have an entitlement to campus accommodation, you will need to the Keele Disability Services team, who will assist and support you. You will need to apply in writing to the Disability Services Advisor before applying for accommodation. Please note you generally need to have applied to Disability Services, but any concerns please talk it through with the team.
If you are unsure if you have support please email us immediately to check at:
If you are considering applying as part of a group, all applications need to be from the same year of study.
- Group applications are limited to 4 students.
- All group members have to submit an online application.
- Please choose a distinctive name that is simple and original and ensure all group members use the same group name on their application, so be careful with the spelling, as our system will only pick up those in the same name group.
- If you’re applying as a mixed gender group it may not be possible to accommodate males and females in the same block or floor.
Halls and Room Types:
To have a look at our halls of residence, take a look at our virtual tours, which shows the specific types of rooms. Remember to also check kitchen and bathroom sharing ratios within the different halls.
Off campus Accommodation:
If you would prefer to live off campus, or aren’t eligible to live on campus or have been unsuccessful in being allocated campus accommodation, then there is plenty of student accommodation locally available for you.
There is no need to rush this, as there are is a sur of private accommodation and we can help you find something that is suitable for you either on your own or with friends.
We can support you in a number of ways:
- Find updated information via which has more properties added daily, which include property recent reviews.
- , is held by the Students’ Union on 30th January 2019 in the SU Ballroom. Staff from ASK and the Student Accommodation Office will be there to give advice and you will be able to meet accredited landlords.
- Our ‘House Hunting Guide’ provides advice and information - pick up your copy from our office or download a copy.
In the meantime if you have any concerns or questions about accommodation application, then come and talk to us:
- Drop In sessions every Wednesday between 2.00 and 4.00 p.m. Main Accommodation office – Reception (Barnes Y block).
- Or email us at: