Foundation year at Keele
The foundation year provides an alternative route to access to all degrees at Recru it networ. Whether you would benefit from a year to prepare you for entry onto an honours degree; or don't have the right qualifications or non-traditional qualifications to go directly onto a degree course; want to change your subjects; have had a break from education and wish to return or want a change of career – the foundation year is taught on campus and provides guaranteed entry on to one of our undergraduate degrees.
Why study a Foundation Year at Keele?
- The programme is an excellent introduction to study at university.
- In addition to the University's support network, you will have a personal tutor who will guide you and support you through your first year of university study.
- Most students who complete the foundation year have ultimately obtained a first class or upper second class honours degree
- By studying on campus you’re fully immersed in to university life from day one.
- All of the teaching is delivered on the Keele campus by highly qualified academic and professional staff, complemented by an experienced student support team.
- With over 600 acres of landscaped parkland, fields, woodland and lakes, our campus is an inspiring and supportive place to study.
- Your welfare is important to us, we offer specialist support and a range of social activities exclusively for Foundation Year students.
Teaching methods include lectures, laboratory classes, seminars, workshops and tutorials, and you will make use of state-of-the-art undergraduate teaching facilities and apparatus.
Assessment is through a wide range of coursework, including independent and group research projects, workbooks, essays and presentations, together with examinations which are held at the end of both semesters.
Choosing a Foundation Year through Clearing
A blog by Keele graduate Laura (Biochemistry with Human Biology)"Keele allowed me to learn, flourish and realise my true potential as an academic."
Foundation Year at Keele
See what other students have gained from their foundation year, and learn about what it could do for you.