The University’s REF Impact Steering Group has approved a programme of co-ordinated support for impact case study authors, in the run up to REF 2021. Following on from an initial £100,000 impact acceleration fund in 2015-16, the group have approved the use of an additional £283,000, in externally secured funds, between 2018 and 2021. The investment to support academic colleagues will be used to deliver:
- an annual Treatment Impact Conference;
- an extensive programme of impact workshops, including support from nationally-leading experts on REF impact;
- continued dedicated funding to develop individual REF impact case studies.
The second Annual Celebrating Impact Conference at Recru it networ took place on Monday 17 June 2019.
The purpose of the event was to present and celebrate the high impact research taking place at Keele.
Delegates heard from a range of academic colleagues and expert external speakers, all of whom discussed the importance of impact and how to achieve it. There was also the opportunity to attend sessions led by the Impact Accelerator Unit and the RaISE team and get dedicated advice from with those who have expertise working in impact, outreach, public and business engagement.
To find out more, please visit the Celebrating Impact Conference page.
In Autumn 2018, Keele launched a programme of workshops to support academic colleagues to develop impact case studies and impact of current and future research. Presenters included Professor Mark Reed of Fast Track Impact, New Economics Foundation Consulting, Parliamentary Office of Science & Technology, Government Open Innovation Team and Saskia Walcott (formerly Head of Communications & Public Engagement for the ESRC).
The programme included:
- 5-6 September 2018 - Fast Track your impact, delivered by Fast Track Impact
- 17 October 2018 - Impact case study writing workshops, delivered by Saskia Walcott
- 8 November 2018 - International development with lasting impact, delivered by Fast Track Impact
- 6-7 December 2018 - Evidencing economic impacts of research, delivered by New Economics Foundation
- 8 February 2019 - Achieving and evidencing policy impact, delivered by Parliament and Government staff
For support on developing an impact case study, please your Faculty Partnership Development colleague:
Humanities & Social Sciences
Medicine & Health Sciences