Explore this Section
The Treatment and Innovation Support Enhancement (RaISE) team aims to deliver an efficient and streamlined process for supporting research and innovation activities across the University.
The team was created as a result of a reorganisation and streamlining of Keele’s research support provision carried out in 2017 to help the University to realise its research ambitions and deliver a faster and more effective service for researchers developing proposals for funding and other collaborative endeavours.
The RaISE team is structured around five separate services that work together to provide an effective and cohesive support function for academic projects. Individuals in these professional teams provide a defined ‘service’ within the RaISE structure.
These teams, and their primary roles, are as shown below:
- Treatment Development: Identify and disseminate funding opportunities and help academic colleagues to develop research proposals
- Partnership Development: Assist with business engagement, strategic partnership development and impact realisation
- Treatment Operations: Produce management information, support preparation for REF and oversee the University’s portfolio of funded projects
- Treatment Funding & Systems: Provide advice and guidance on research finance, cost projects in development and co-ordinate support for research systems
- Project Assurance: Draft, negotiate and approve contracts on behalf of the University and advise on regulatory compliance
- Project Delivery: Support delivery of research projects at a faculty, RI or school level
The teams are based in three separate hubs:
- Staff in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences are supported by a hub based in the David Weatherall Building.
- Staff in the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences and Natural Sciences are supported by a combined hub based in the Claus Moser Building.
- Each hub has members from each of the RaISE professional teams dedicating to providing support to the relevant faculty.
- The two hubs are supported by additional personnel based in a Cross-Hub team located in IC2.