The Industrial Strategy was published in November 2017 and sets out a long term plan to boost the productivity and earning power of people throughout the UK.
Collaboration between Universities, business and public services through research and innovation sits at the heart of the Industrial Strategy, with a commitment to increase spending on R&D to 2.4% of GDP by 2027.
You can also find out more about the latest industrial strategy developments on the Building our Industrial Strategy Blog.
Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF)
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) provides funding and support to UK businesses and researchers, as part of the government’s £4.7 billion increase in research and development over the next 4 years.
The ISCF brings together leading research and business to tackle the big societal and industrial challenges today. Programmes delivered by the fund will be industry-led and powered by multi-disciplinary research and business-academic collaboration .
- The challenges that have been selected to receive fund support so far are:
- Audience of the future
- Creative industries clusters
- Driverless cars
- Faraday battery challenge
- Transforming construction
- Manufacturing and future materials
- Data to early diagnosis & precision medicine
- National satellite test facility
- Next generation services
- Prospering from the energy revolution
- Robots for a safer world
- Quantum technologies
- Healthy ageing
- Transforming food production
- Leading edge healthcare
If you’re interested in any of these funding schemes and require support, please a member of the RaISE team.