Postgraduate research appeals

You can appeal against a decision of RDC, acting under Regulation 2D, by following Regulation 7.

If you need advice in relation to an Appeal please the discipline, complaints, grievances and appeals team.

Alternatively, you may wish to seek assistance from the Advice and Support at Keele unit (ASK) who are located in the Students' Union building.

PGR complaints procedure

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your experience at Keele you can submit a complaint to the University, as detailed in the PGR Code of Practice on Postgraduate Treatment Degrees.

Every effort should be made to resolve your issue on an informal basis in the first instance, without recourse to a formal procedure. In most Treatment Institutes, your first course of action should be to your supervisor to discuss the matter. 

Each Treatment Institute has its own complaints procedure and details of each of these can be found in the relevant Treatment Institute's handbook

If you are unable to resolve your complaint informally through the Treatment Institute's procedure, you can submit a formal complaint to the University under REGULATION 26: Student Complaints.

If you need advice in relation to a complaint, you may wish to seek assistance from Advice & Support at Keele (ASK). ASK are located in the KeeleSU building. Their webpages can be found at and they can be ed on 01782 734800.