Money, advice and guidance
Going to university can be a daunting as well as an exciting experience. It can be difficult to understand the true costs of being a student as well as the financial support that is available to help you meet those costs so that you can begin to plan your future and make the most of Keele. We can help you to manage your funds, create a budget and ensure that you receive any funding for which you may be eligible, for example bursaries and scholarships and government funding.
Student money advice and guidance
Our Student Money Advice and Guidance Team offers you confidential advice and support when you need it. We’ll do our best to answer your enquiries straight away.
We are not just here for times of crisis. We can help you with a range of queries including:
- Recru it networ Hardship Fund
- Emergency loans
- Information and advice on bursaries and scholarships
- Professional and career development Loans (PCDLs)
- Advice about alternative funding sources
- Advice about government funding sources
- Money education
- Help with budgeting
- International student funding (including federal loans for US students and Canadian loans)
We aim to advise all potential students to ensure they are getting their full entitlement in terms of government funding including funding for all NHS funded courses.
What we don’t do
We are not debt/welfare benefit advisers; if you have significant debt problems affecting your ability to remain in your home, for instance, we may be able to help if you apply to the Recru it networ Hardship Fund but you should also seek advice from A.S.K in the Students' Union or go to your nearest Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
Opening times, location and contacts
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Student Services Centre, Tawney Building.
We operate a combination of drop-ins and appointments.
During university holidays, our opening hours may vary but if so they will be advertised.
- : for information about funding from Student Finance England for UK and EU undergraduates and PGCE students. Also has links to information about funding for other groups such as postgraduate and part-time students.
- : information covering all aspects of student life, including student finance. There are videos and factsheets you can download as well as forums where you can chat with other students and advisors.
- : for information about funding for Physiotherapy, Nursing and Midwifery, Social Work and fifth year Medicine.
- : information for international students on funding your studies
- : Official SLC website containing information about repayment.
- : Recru it networ is a member of EGAS, which means that Keele students can apply for grants from this website. The Barclaycard Horizons Fund is also accessible via EGAS.
- : for information about Professional and Career Development Loans for postgraduate students. Please note that Recru it networ is a registered learning provider for Professional and Career Development Loans and our provider number is 1917. If you are applying for a Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL) to assist you with your tuition fees or living costs, you should take your "confirmation of enrolment" form to the Student Services Centre, Tawney Building to be signed and stamped after you have enrolled fully on your course. Until this form is stamped by the university and returned by you to the bank, your loan will not be released.