How do I use the partner university catalogues?

Partner University Course Catalogues

How do I use the Partner University Catalogues?

The Partner University catalogues list all the modules offered at that University. However, only a certain number will be taught in each semester - much the same as here at Keele. Class schedules detailing when exact modules will run usually become available from April onwards. This means that you may need to make provisional selections based on the previous year's catalogue.

When looking up your Principal Subjects in the Partner University Catalogues be aware that they may not be known by the same name as they are at Keele. It is unlikely, for instance, that you will find a School of "American Studies" or "International Relations". Similarly, the names of subject areas may well be different. For example:

  • English look under "Language & Literature"
  • Criminology look under "Justice" or "Criminal Justice"
  • Politics look under "Political Science", "Government & Politics", "Political Studies"
  • American Studies look for course listings under "History", "Literature", "English", "Politics", "Film Studies", "Popular Culture"
  • International Relations look at the Politics entries

Semester Exchange

When searching for your Modules, you need to ensure that your modules equate to 30 ECTS, this is considered a full course load.

Not all universities will list their modules in ECTs, see the guideline below:

  • US - 3 Credits - students only need to take 4 modules =12 Credits are required
  • Canada - 3 Credits - students only need to take 4 modules = 12 Credits are required
  • Australia - each university will vary, but usually, students will take between 4-5 modules
  • Japan - module weighting can vary from 2 credits to 8 credits, students need to take a maximum 14 credits for the semester
  • Asia - each university will vary, but usually, students will take between 4-5 modules
  • Europe - ECTS

International Year

You need to look at taking 40% of your modules related to your subject area. The remaining 60% can be complementary to your degree or for preparation for your future career path.

  • Deakin University, Melbourne
  • Edith Cowan University, Perth
  • Flinders University, Adelaide
  • Griffith University, Brisbane
  • La Trobe University, Melbourne
  • Western Sydney University
  • Bishops University, Quebec
  • Brock University, Ontario
  • Concordia University, Montreal
  • Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
  • MacEwan University, Alberta
  • University of Guelph, Ontario
  • University of Ottawa, Ontario
  • University of Alberta, Edmonton
  • University of Windsor, Ontario
  • Wilfrid Laurier, Ontario
  • York University, Toronto


UC Leuven Limburg
KU Leuven, Antwerp

Czech Republic

Masaryk, Czech Republic


University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Lillebaelt Professional Academy of Higher Education


Jvaskyla University, Finland
University of Eastern Finland


Université de Lille, Droit et Santé
EM Strasbourg Business School


Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University, Germany
Die Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (DHBW)
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
SRH - Heidelberg


Eötvös Lorand University


University of Iceland, Iceland


Mary Immaculate College, Ireland
University of Limerick, Ireland
Galway Business School


Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, NL
Radboud University, Netherlands


University of Bergen, Norway


Poznan University of Economics and Business


Universidad Pontificia Comillas Madrid, Spain
San Jorge University, Zaragoza, Spain
Universidad de Navarra
Universidad Loyola Andalucia


Umeå University, Sweden
Luleå University, Sweden
Uppsala University, Sweden


Zurich School of Management and Law, Switzerland
Die Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW

  • Lingnan University, Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong Baptist University
  • Nagasaki University
  • Tokyo Metropolitan University
  • Seinan Gakuin University
  • Nagoya University of Foreign Studies
  • Kwansei Gakuin
  • Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
  • Dongguk University

  • Korea University
  • University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban
  • Appalachian State University, North Carolina
  • Ball State University, Indiana
  • Bowling Green State University, Ohio
  • Butler University, Indianapolis
  • Colorado State University, Colorado
  • Minnesota State University, Moorhead
  • Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
  • Oklahoma State University
  • University of New Mexico
  • University of North Carolina Greensboro
  • University of North Carolina Wilmington
  • University of North Texas
  • San Diego State University, California
  • University of Southern Maine, Portland
  • University of Southern Mississippi
  • State University of New York at Plattsburgh
  • St Norberts College, Wisconsin
  • University of Tennessee
  • University of Texas San Antonio
  • University of Utah
  • Willamette University, Oregon