Study Abroad Bursary
This information is for students undertaking study abroad in 18/19. The criteria for 19/20 is currently subject to Council approval.
- The Bursary is worth £1,000 and is normally paid into your bank or building society account.
- If the programme for which you are applying attracts an ERASMUS or other grant, you will not be eligible to apply for the Study Abroad Bursary, as you will receive other public funding.
In order to receive this bursary, you must:
- Be studying abroad for only one semester. Full year students are not eligible to receive the bursary.
- Have a gross annual household income below £42,875 (as verified by Student Finance England).
- Be liable to pay the full tuition fee of £9,250.
- Not be in receipt of other public funding. This means that if you receive funding from the Welsh Assembly towards your tuition fees, or the Erasmus fund, you will not be eligible to apply for this bursary.
- Have been accepted to study abroad.
If you are going to receive a bursary, we will send you an e-mail confirmation.
If you need any guidance or further information about applying for a bursary or about student funding generally, please contact Money and Welfare in the Student Services Centre in the Tawney Building, email [email protected] or call 01782 734481.