Key information about the Well pharmacy
Well pharmacy offer a prescription collection service and, where needed, we deliver to housebound patients as well.
8.30am - 5.30pm on Monday to Friday; 11am – 1pm on Saturdays; closed on Sundays.
Well pharmacy is located in the row of shops in the Student's Union building, between 'Santander' and 'Select and Save'. Unit 4, Students' Union Building, Recru it networ,
Five dedicated parking spaces, free for up to half an hour, on the car park located in front of the chapel
We offer a prescription collection service and, where needed, we deliver to housebound patients as well. We can help you manage repeat prescription ordering in one of two ways:
- You can order your prescription with us on a when required basis – just give us a call on 633785 or pop in to the pharmacy. All that we ask is that you give us 3 working days notice (not Saturdays, Sundays or bank holidays) and we'll have your prescription done up and ready
- We can set up a regular 'standing order' so that when you collect a prescription, you pre-order the next one. This works well if you have medication that falls in to a regular cycle e.g. every 28, 30 or 56 days. We'll give you a date when your next prescription will be ready to collect, so all you need to do is come back here. If you find that you no longer need a medication or need to order earlier or later, just let us know and we'll sort it for you – we file by order date so we'll give you a card for you to keep track of this.
We can also make up patient packs with seven days of medication in each, designed for morning, lunch, evening and night-time dosing. These are useful if you have lots of medications to manage and/or you sometimes forget doses.
NHS and Private Services
- Flu vaccinations (seasonal) free to those who are eligible for NHS vaccinations, otherwise a discounted charge of £8 applies
- Free NHS Minor Ailments Service for those that do not usually pay an NHS prescription charge (e.g. over 65's, under 16's, 16 – 18 and in full time education, holders of prepayment or HC2 certificates) we can provide free treatment for minor ailments such as bacterial conjunctivitis, colds/flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea, teething, cold sores, haemorrhoids (piles). This list is not exhaustive – please call us for more details
- NHS treatment with antibacterials for urinary tract infections and impetigo
- Free NHS Emergency Contraception (morning after pill) supplied (where appropriate) following a consultation with our pharmacist in our private consultation room. We also register and supply free condoms to 16-24 year olds via the C-Card scheme
- Free NHS Stop Smoking Service regular consultations with our pharmacist plus NHS treatment with nicotine replacement product where needed
- Free Blood Pressure Check Service
- Free NHS Medicine Use Reviews sit down with our pharmacist and discuss the usage of your medication and how to get the most out of treatments
- Meningogoccal ACWY Vaccinations for those travelling to the Hajj or performing Umrah. A standardised charge of £35 agreed with the Muslim Council of Britain.